Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Twins Crashed!

This was not going to be my Monday topic but, it was so unpredictable I had to write about it. My boys play baseball and my daughter, the dancer, likes to get down on the side with some baseball with her brothers. She is really good too! Sydney and Cameron are twins. You remember poor Cameron who was out sick and stressed about that CRCT. Of course he is resilient he's been up an about all week, finished testing and played his baseball heart out Saturday and Sunday.
He was on fire yesterday with 2 home runs and some RBI's!!! Well, the 3 of them Jordeyn (remember he my oldest with the split personality) Cameron and Sydney go outside and play more baseball. Cameron lost 3 of his teeth!!! I bet you think he got hit by a ball, no, he got hit by Sydney's forehead! They were running to catch a plastic wiffle ball and they crashed!

The funny thing was that just as the screaming started I was right in the middle of enacting a pole class (minus the pole) with my hubby. I took this amazing life changing class with my girls the other day at Polelateaz www.poleateaz.com:) I'll talk about that later this week:)

Anyhew, music went off, we dashed out of the bedroom and all we saw was Cameron's bloody mouth, Sydney looking terrified and Jordeyn laughing! Sydney kept saying Cameron lost his tooth over and over again. So, I took him into the bathroom cleaned and calmed him down. When I looked at his teeth it was then that I realized that 3 of them were no longer in his mouth!!! Jordeyn the only child able to speak was trying to contain his laughter says, "Ok, when Cameron ran into Sydney's forehead his teeth went flying out of his mouth into the grass and Cameron was trying to pick them up while spitting two out!" and with that Jordeyn started laughing all over again. Then Cameron starts laughing, then Sydney wipes her tears and starts laughing and she reaches for him and they hug!

Now of course the Tooth Fairy came and yes I still hold true to all of those childhood joys, because soon enough they will be teens and won't even care about the Tooth Fairy or Santa! Cameron carefully wrapped up his teeth and placed them strategically under his pillow so that she would find them:)
Because this was such an unprecedented event, 3 teeth in one shot, I wanted to do something amazing. Just to let you know a nickel for a tooth these day's does not work, and penny candy is a thing of the past.
All we had was change, then I remembered that I had a gift card in my pocket, this morning I secretly slipped a Target gift card under his pillow for 10.00 (that's 3.33 a tooth).

He was ecstatic when he found that gift card this morning you would have thought it was Christmas! Now he sounds like Daffy and Scooby mixed together and he couldn't be more happy! Here he is with his gift card and a smile!!!

18 comments:

The Broke Socialite said...

I LOVE these kids! What a funny story.

My Inner Dialogue said...

I can see the entire scene playing out! Cam is as adorable as ever 3 teeth down. And I love how you glossed over the pole dancing class demo you were giving your hubby! ;)

Unknown said...

Cutie pie! Love the pictures - especially of the two of them together.

Pole dancing? Who, what, where?

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey

Ms. Wanda said...

Thanks ladies, yes I'm going to get to the pole class today:)

Grand Pooba said...

That is so funny! I'm surprised Sydney's forehead is okay!

Ms. Wanda said...

Yeah me too! That girl got a good head on her shoulder:)

MOMSWEB said...

Oh my goodness! My head hurts just thinking about it. Now, about the pole classes...do tell! I'm off to exercise class, I haven't graduated to the pole yet (lol).

Fex said...

yeah its really funny story, good that those 2 didn't fight or cameron didn't blame his twin sister. WOw 2 teeth at the same time..

Ms. Wanda said...

Fe, it was 3 teeth at one time and yes they were really ok about it:) It's funny the bond they have started in the womb and i don't think I will understand them more than they understand each other. They are amazing twins and I love them endlessly.

joanofalltrades said...

They are too cute! It sounds like the 3 of them have a wonderful bond. BTW: ROTFLMAO at you being in the middle of the pole dance w/o the pole when this all went down.

Katherine said...

Wow! Ouch!! What a way to loose them!! Hope it didn't hurt too much. My 6 year, Lily, is desperate to loose her teeth...but no signs yet, she's the last one in the class and worrying they'll never fall out! Won't suggest Cameron's method,as, knowing my Lily, she'll want to give it a go!

Ms. Wanda said...

Katherine I'm LOL!!! Please don't do the Cam & Syd method those two are dangerous:)

BlackandMarriedWithKids.com said...

I hate it when the tooth fairy has to do multiple teeth. Our daughter just lost two at basically the same time but your tooth fairy is new skool giving out gift cards.lol

Katherine said...

Hurray, this evening, we finally have it!!! A wobbly tooth! What a week...baby rolls over and hasn't stopped since he figured out how to do it and now THE TOOTH. Just realised that I wrote "loose" instead of "lose" in my last comment: would blame it on the baby tirednessbut there's no excuse for poor spelling/ bad grammar!

Mommy of Many said...

We have learned in our house that foreheads can be dangerous weapons...they are big and hard. Great blog!

Millennium Housewife said...

Re-mortgage the house. It's the only way to afford the Tooth Fairy I swear, MH

Banteringblonde said...

WOW three at once! I can't see the post above but I'm intrigued!

~ Lisa @ AbidingThere~ said...

Wow! What a story! Your little toothless guy reminds me of my Alex.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails